Ironically enough, many consumers hire movers everyday and don’t understand their overall role in the relocation process. Of course you know they will load and unload your items onto the truck, but what does their job fully entail? Please note the services they indicate they will perform when you receive your moving quote. Today I will provide you with some basic tips each Dallas mover should perform for you.
- Your moving company should call to confirm your move no later than 1-2 days prior to move date.
- Should call you the day of the move to inform you they are 30-45 minutes out.
- Arrive according to scheduled time.
- Come with all necessary tools ( i.e. dollies, tools for disassembly and reassembly, protective coverings etc.) to ensure your move flows smoothly.
- Foreman should speak with you about what goes and stays to ensure they move succinctly.
- Provide covering for floors and walls where needed.
- Arrange boxes and furniture in an orderly fashion and secure it onto the truck for a safe journey.
- Disassemble and reassemble furniture.
- Quilt-pad wrap all furniture to ensure its protection.
- Unload all furniture and reassemble in proper location at destination.
This is by no means an all inclusive listing, but rather just some basic things your Dallas moving company should provide you with. Good moving to you!